Monday, November 18, 2013

Fun Day on the Fish Farm

I went on the Grade 1 field trip today with Kaylee. They are about to start their Field to Table unit, so they went to a vegetable and fish farm.



This farm also has a restaurant so they were able to experience the whole process...growth, picking, preparing and eating.



Each group had to complete a scavenger hunt and take pictures that showed each task. For example, a tool used to prepare food or something that shows what is done with the waste. Each item on their list had a bolded word they had briefly talked about in class.


At first, I just thought this man was cleaning the fish. Then I noticed they started out alive at his station. I am glad the kids didn't notice and ask questions.


They quickly realized it is hard to use a net to try and catch fish....even if you drop food for them!!





They were pretty tired by the time lunch rolled around.



I think it was a great idea to do the field trip at the start of the unit. Now they are going to incorporate the kids' pictures into the lessons.

This farm was definitely different than the one back in Iowa. I am sure Daddy and the other girls will want to see it too. Maybe we can take Grandma and Grandpa when they come this spring.

Life is good with fun field trips.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment