Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin+Buttons=Fun Project

A few weeks ago I saw a cute pumpkin on a magazine cover with the word "BOO" on it with buttons. It seemed easy enough, so I decided I would try the button/pumpkin combo. At first, I thought about getting pumpkins in different sizes and putting our initials on them. However, I figured having 6 pumpkins with J, A, H, K, M and W on them would just confuse people who drove by!!!! On a trip to JoAnn's with just a sleeping Whitney (which means I actually had a chance to wander the aisles) I found a large fake pumpkin and buttons.

The last time I bought buttons, Macy was throwing the bag in the air and trying to catch it..........After a few missed catches we ended up with a buttons all over the ground. The fabric cutter actually walked me to the front registers that day to help me push the stroller while I carried a crying Whitney and a handful of buttons!!!!!!..........I was so glad to get out of there that day and haven't gone back with more than just Whitney since!!!!

That afternoon during another Whitney nap, and with "the Middles" watching we got to work with the glue gun. Kaylee had a fun time guessing what letter I was spelling with the buttons..........we may need to find another button project soon!!!!After I got the pumpkin done I was not in love with it. My "BOO" seemed too big, and I didn't really like the multicolored buttons. I didn't dislike it enough to pull all the buttons off and start over, and Whit was up by this point, so I put it on the front porch anyway! The winds must have known I didn't love it because for about 4 days in a row I would find the lightweight pumpkin in the front yard with a few less buttons each time. I took this as a sign to REDO the pumpkin and move it INSIDE!!!!
I like Round 2 of the "BOO" pumpkin much more!!!!

Life is Good in the corner of a warm, wind-free house!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment