Thursday, May 9, 2013

Music and Art.....and a Little Driving

Tonight, Hannah had her choir concert. 
 This semester on Thursdays she has been staying after school for an hour to practice.
They performed 2 songs and her favorite was 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton.
 Before the concert, we were able to walk through the art exhibition in the halls. 
 Each student had at least 2 pieces on display.


 The girls had a great time searching for their artwork......All  the time and effort the teachers put in to displaying them was great.  Seeing all the different types of projects and materials used was very impressive.

I also had a first tonight since moving to Malaysia 4 months ago.....I DROVE!!!!!  

Since moving, I have only driven through the neighborhood once to try out driving on the left side.  Justin was gone tonight, and I thought it would be silly to ask the driver to come back.  I was a little nervous about it all day.  I knew I wouldn't get lost since I have been to the school many times...Macy didn't believe me that I didn't need a piece of paper with the directions written down.  
Kaylee was a little unsure when I couldn't get the car started.  In the Volkswagen Sharan minivan we have you don't turn a key.....When the key is somewhere in the car, you push a button...press the brake and push the button again.  It took me a few tries to get the steps done right.  
Traffic wasn't too bad and the motorbikes didn't scare me too much....The girls thought they needed to point out everyone that was coming by us.
  My use of the brakes was not too smooth, and I did drive home with just the parking lights and not the head lights on.  All in all, I think I did okay.....Not ready to give up the driver for the day to day driving, but now I think I could go to the grocery store by myself if I needed to! 

Life is Good with the Arts and the ability to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment