Sunday, February 20, 2011

Busy Little Bees

The last few days we have been very "Busy Little Bees" finishing projects and doing some baking! For those of you that know me, you know baking and cooking are not my thing! However, a few hours in the kitchen was actually fun. As the weather gets nicer and the girls can go out and play, maybe just maybe, I will start cooking more dinners for us when Justin is out of town. Kathie's Kitchen(kathiecooks.blogspot.com) has some great recipes I would love to try!

The above blanket and owl was the first project checked off the to do list. We have a little cousin getting baptized in a few weeks, so this set will be headed to Iowa shortly.


Up next were two capes. Super Sam and Princess Avery both have March birthdays! There has been a request for 3 more capes from my little friends, so we will be headed to the fabric store on our day off of school tomorrow.

Mixed with love and a smile!!!


Shortly after this picture, Macy(aka Coon) couldn't control herself and had to start eating!!!



Kay took a lot more time and effort to decorate her "Rainbow Letters" than I thought she would.




Dessert for everyone--Minus an "E" for Kaylee, the M and a few bites of the rest of the Coons letters. The girls wanted to include the baby so we did "Baby" instead of "Mom." One more cookie for me!!!!






I saw this great idea for Handprint Trees on a friend's blog, and thought it would look great at the top or our stairway. For all the directions and materials needed, check out hangingonbyathread.blogspot.com The entry is called Mod Podge Hand Trees






We still need Daddy and Hannah's hands, but you get the idea. This forest of hands will be outdated in August when a new little tree gets added. I plan to keep this piece with pictures of the girls wearing dresses with the same colors of the leaves.

The only project I currently have left on the To Do List is the paper chain for our trip. With no school tomorrow, I am sure we will need something besides a trip to JoAnn's to keep us busy!!!
Life is Good!!!







2 comments:

  1. I like how you put all the trees on the same canvas. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all! Especially Macy's "M" cookie :-)

    ReplyDelete