Monday, February 28, 2011

5 W's and a H

Who, What, Where, When, Why and How?!?!?!?! I hear these words about a 1oo times each everyday. As the girls have gotten older, the way these words are used have changed so much.

Before Birth:

What should I eat or not eat to make the baby healthy?
How many onesies do I need?
What color should I buy? This could have been answered very easily, but we never find out!
What medicines can I take?
When will my body be back to normal? Still trying to figure this one out!!!
Why didn't this baby come out on the due date?

Wondering about many of the same things the 4th time around that we did the first time!

Newborn to 1 year:
Why does she have her days and nights mixed up?
How much did she get to eat? Is it enough?
How can one little body make some many dirty diapers?
What should she wear today to be warm or cool enough?
Why is she still crying?
When should we start cereal, baby food and real food?
When will she crawl?

We will be here again very shortly!!!! I hope we can avoid the first one and have an excellent sleeper!!!


1 year to 2 years:
When will she walk?
What do I need to do to the house to make it safe?
"Where's your nose, toes, eyes, ears, etc.?"
"How big is Macy?"----"Sooooo BIG!!!"
When will she start to "talk"?

This year always goes by so fast, and they change so much in this 12 month span.

2 years: The stage our Little Coonie is at!!!
She's talking now!!!
"What's that?"
"Where's Daddy?"
"What's that?"
"Macy, what color is that....what do you want for snack.....what do you want to wear today?"
"What's your name?"
"What's your sisters' names?"
"What's that?"

I love how excited Macy is about answering my questions and asking her own. Kaylee took a little longer to really talk, so it has been a bit since we had a little one chatting it up. Her personality is really starting to show, and I think she will be our funny one with a bit of naughty mixed in!!!!

3 years:

WHY?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?! BUT WHY?!?!?!??!?!
If you have ever had a 3 year old you understand this!!!!!

Glad we have a little time before Macy hits this stage!!!

4 years: Our little lovebug Kay Kay Jean
"What day is it?"
"Who has school today?"
"Why can't I wear the same bright striped leggings with everything, everyday?"
"What is on Disney channel right now?"
"When will Daddy be home from work?"
"What are we having for lunch?"
"Why can't I have a hotdog again?!?!?!"
"Why is it raining today?"
"When is it my turn?"

This stage is great because I can answer all of the questions without thinking twice. If she does ask, "Why?!?!" I can usually explain once and she is good with the answer.

5 years: Hannah Banana
"How does the DVD player work?"
"Why can't we watch Sponge Bob Squarepants?"
"Can you help me with this level on the Ipad?" Usually I can't--she knows much more about than I do!!!
"How do you spell ________?"
"What does _____________ spell?"
"How does the baby come out?"
"How many days until my birthday?"
"When can I get a fish?"
"What time does the clock say when the big hand is on the 5 and the little hand is on the 4?"
"Hannah, what was that sound up there?!?!?!?!"
"Hannah, do you need any help making that snack?"

These questions have gotten a little harder, and sometimes I don't know the answer. (How does the DVD player work?!?!?!) Also, I sometimes find it hard to give an answer that is appropriate for a 5 year old, but that is honest.(How does the baby come out?...........Glad she didn't ask any clarifying questions and didn't wonder about how it got in my tummy!!!)

The 5 W's and a H fill our lives with a lot of questions, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Life is Good!!!

4 comments:

  1. My very favorite where? so far was when Aleia asked me, "where is the internet?" Ummmmmmm.
    Looks like you girls are having fun in indy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and my favorite from Macy...."Kitty Nite Nite??"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I love your posts!

    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told Brooklyn when she asked how does the baby come out that the doctor pushes a button. I figured that was my best answer right now :)
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete