Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1 Down.............3 To Go!!!!

This seems to be the season of vacations for us. Justin and I just got back from a work trip to Puerto Rico and had a great time. I did a lot of relaxing by the pool, reading a book and chatting with a friend while he was in meetings. Everyone seemed to enjoy the Mojitos, and I plan to have one on August 16th!!!! We have two more work trips this spring, but the one we are the most excited about is our family trip with some great friends on a Disney cruise in a few weeks. The paper chain has been made and one link is taken off every morning. The girls have Target sacks packed of all the important things they want to take. It may take a little bribbing to get them to leave a few of their treasures behind and let me pack the clothes they need. Since we haven't done a lot of spring shopping yet, the number of coordinating outfits for the girls may be lacking--may need to get to the mall ASAP!!!! However, Santa brought them very cute coordinating swimsuits and cover ups so we will be cute by the pool!!!!

Santa is so smart.........He knew we were going to Mexico right after Christmas!!!

One of my biggest problems for preparing for these trips is how do you make a pregnant mommy look cute?!?!?!?



Step 1: Go shoe shopping with a 4 year old, and she will tell you all the shoes look great and you should get everything you try one. She will also be interested in a cute silver purse and a hot pink wallet!



Step 2: Get your toes done so they look fab in the new shoes!



Step 3: Go through your maternity clothes and pack anything that fits and will look decent--a bit rough, but you gotta do what you gotta do!



Step 4: Make a cute swimsuit cover up so you don't have to be seen in the actual swimsuit!


Using the Sophie Tunic pattern by Sis Boom to get started, I ended up with this:




Not sure it will get me to August, but I put a high side slit in it, so it could expand with the belly!!! I may also need to add more fabric to the bottom as things get bigger!



Step 5: Make a cute coordinating beach bag. My friend, Erin, had a really cute bag in Puerto Rico...Amy Butler Cosmo Bag......and I now have all the pieces cut out to start making my own.






All of these steps take a little more work to make a preggo mommy look cute on the beach, but when I heard the little heartbeat(HPM was in the 150s) this morning it was totally worth it!!!



Life is Good!!!

3 comments:

  1. that tunic is FABULOUS amy!!!!!
    I have that book too and that one is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that all went well today at the doctor. Love that tunic! Does it go down to sizes for small people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! I just found your blog and I love it. Your girls are super cute and you look great!

    Do you make any tunic's for little girls (size 6)?

    ReplyDelete