Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We love our teachers!!!!

I loved being a teacher for 4 years. In those 4 years I received many "teacher" ornaments, pencils, mugs, etc. When Hannah began school I vowed I would never give a gift that belonged in the category of typical teacher gifts or said anything like "#1 Teacher"!!!! A few weeks ago, I decided I would make a bag for each teacher----between the 3 girls we have 6 teachers. When I found out Macy's Child's Day Out class was over a week earlier than Kaylee's preschool, I went into "sweatshop mode" to get everything done. I went to Hobby Lobby and they had many new fabrics I hadn't seen before so I stocked up.



One day I cut out the fabric and interfacing.






The next day I started sewing. I have made this bag enough so I didn't need to consult the pattern or measure every little step. I was able to get each bag done fairly quick and the girls loved that I was making something for their teachers. Each new one I got done they wanted to give that one to their teacher. Once all the bags were done they did finalize their decision on which one went to which teacher.


If you need a new bag for summer let me know............


I got in such a groove I couldn't stop myself at 6!!!!


Life is Good and we appreciate all the hardwork our teachers do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment