Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chicago Here We Come!!!!!

The girls have been so excited to go and get their dolls. Hannah has been getting online checking out which doll she wants...........this surprises me since she isn't really into baby dolls!!!! Macy says she wants to get a Bitty Baby with a blue swimsuit and Kaylee is trying to figure out a name!!!!!! We leave for our adventure on Friday afternoon. Thankfully, we have our cousin, Morgan, here for the rest of the week, so the last few days will go quickly.

Friday morning a little surprise will be waiting for each girl. What does every new mommy need?!?!?!? A cute diaper bag!!!!!! A friend passed along this great tutorial for an American Girl diaper bag.


http://mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com/2011/11/dolly-diaper-bag-tutorial.html
I would change a few things about her directions......... The first one is that I didn't use fusible fleece........I used iron on stabilizer instead.
Also, I would use the stabilizer on the straps. I followed what she said and didn't do anything on the front bag's straps, but they are really flimsy.
When the stabilizer is used the straps have more shape!!!!


In her version in the pattern she used soft minky in the inside. I love how it feels, but it isn't the easiest to work with. It moved around a lot.........next time I would probably just use cotton fabric on both the inside and outside.
She also doesn't have you add the velcro until the end, so your stitches show. On bags #2 and #3, I added the velcro before I put the flap pieces together so the stitches are hidden between them.
Each bag needed a matching blanket!!!
Hannah's bag was the first one I did............it has the most little mistakes----visible velcro stitches and droopy straps! Next time I will start with someone else's first!!!! She does have the cutest coordinating blanket.


Life is Good when you are a prepared little Mommy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be working on our Bitty Bags today! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete