Monday, July 30, 2012

Okoboji

I can't believe school starts---Kindergarten for Kaylee and 2nd grade for Hannah in just a little over 2 weeks!!!!

Our summer has gone by so fast and we have seen so many people and done so many things.  The girls and I started our summer adventure on June 20th and haven't been back to Indy since.  You've seen some of our adventures on the blog, but it has been awhile since I last posted.  That is because we left our home away from home(my parent's house in MN) on July 14th for a few adventures and just got back yesterday.

Our first stop was Okoboji for a family vacation with Justin's parents, his brothers and their families.  We have been going to Okoboji for the last few years together and staying at Boji Bay.  We got their before everyone else on Saturday night, so we had a fun visit with our friends, the Jostands and Abby Goodlaxson....hanging out with them made us wish we still lived there!!!


Sunday everyone else started to arrive.
Macy was so happy to be with Morgan and was super excited that they had the same swimsuit!!!!



 We got out on the water as soon as we could.
 A stop for water guns was a priority!!!!
 Afternoon playdough time.
The girls love to play and I am not too thrilled with the clean up,
 so I figured the deck of the condo would be a win/win for all of us!!!!

 Kaylee has really been surprising me this summer with her adventurous side---skiing, roller coasters, tubing and she wanted to try the lily pads.  
 Hannah would hop from pad to pad and she was quickly running across all of them---I think we should sign her up for Survivor!!!






 On the pontoon..........



No.....We didn't make Whitney tube by herself!!!!


It was HOT, so a stop at Arnold's Park for ice cream was a must!!!!




Justin's parents love back shots with water in the background.  
We take one of the kids like this every year.  
This was the first year with Whitney and William included!!!

 Justin got an idea that he, his 3 brothers and his dad should try  4-Man Skiing. 
 I wasn't too sure about it, but I am so glad they tried it:
They got up on the 2nd morning of trying........I was driving(please note: I have never driven a boat with 1 skier so 4 was kind of freaking me out!!!)  I think it will be a memory all of us will never forget---and if we do I am sure one of the boys will remind us!!!!

We also went out to dinner with just the adults to celebrate all of our July anniversaries.  It was so nice to chat with everyone with out short ones around!!!

My SIL, Ellen, and I also went for a run and stopped at different sites around the area.  Getting ready to do it with her, running it and continuing to run afterward got the running bug in me started again---it's been awhile!!!!  We have decided to sign up for a half marathon in Indy on October 20th----Guess there will be more running in the near future for me!!!!

Life is Good when you go on great vacations with family!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Hannah may have a future on Wipe Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics! Especially the one of the whole family in the water...so cute!

    ReplyDelete