Friday, October 25, 2013

A Great Day of Golf


Justin and I took a date day to the CIMB Classic today.  I  have never been to a PGA tournament before,  nor have I been a huge golf fan.  Justin went to one in MN a few summers ago, and really enjoyed it.  

The tournament he went to was very crowded so I thought this might be the best picture of a few players I would get all day.....Plus, you weren't supposed to have cameras on the course.



As soon as we got there, we went and watched driving practice.  I took pics because everyone else was too.
Here is Sergio Garcia:






And Phil Mickelson:

-
Phil and his group teed off at 7:50 on hole number one.








Nick Watney (last year's tournament champion) from the US was also in his group.
Sergio's group was right behind them, so we followed the 2 groups for most of the day.
Rickie Fowler was in his group so we could always spot them with his yellow shirt and blue Puma hat.




Before warming up for his drive, he gave us this ball.







Phil gave me the ball from hole 6.  He chatted with us a little.  
He wondered if we lived here and he put the MN connection together from Justin's shirt.


We also found Bubba Watson for a bit.
Keegan Bradley was in his group, and he was leading when we left.



It was a fun adult day.  The course was beautiful, it only sprinkled for a short time, and we got very close to the golfers.  The best part was coming home with 2 balls and a signed hat by Phil.....I may be a fan of golf now!!!!
I am sur we will be back to the tournament next year.
Life is Good when watching golf---I never thought I would say that!!!!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment