Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Trial Run

 Next Monday night, the Girls Scouts are having a Camp-In at the school.  There isn't school on Tuesday, and our regular meetings are on Monday, so it is a perfect time.  I am in charge of planning the activities for the Daisies, Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes(about 40 total).  For part of the night, the girls can dress up in their Halloween costumes for a mini party.  My mom found me a lot of those activities and supplies at Target and Justin brought them back last week.  We will spend some time at the school pool and have pizza for dinner. 
 The other main activity is a Minute to Win it Challenge.  I am going to divide the girls into 7 groups.  Tonight, we did a trial run of the activities.

1.  Stack 'Em Up
They need to stack 5 cans and 5 paper plates....Tonight, we only had 4(need to drink another Coke Light tomorrow) and it was pretty easy.  I may have them do 6, but count 5 as a completed task.

 2.  Toilet Paper Mummies



 Had I known 2 rolls of toilet paper could cause so much teamwork and fun, I would have been doing this a long time ago!


 3.  Cups Across the Table
 Macy didn't like the rule that you couldn't get on the table.  I think keeping the cup close to them may be hard for some of them.

 4.  Marshmallows and Chopsticks

 Must remember to tell them they can't stab the marshmallow to move it from the bowl to the cup......or eat handfuls!!!!
 5.  Scrambled Boxes
 Had to add a few more cut up boxes after the girls completed it too fast.
 6.  Candy Corn Toss
The thought of having Candy Corns all over my house made me change this to sock toss.  The girls loved collecting the socks from their room and tossing them in the bin.

 SCORE!!!!

 2 and under rules:  If you throw doesn't make it, just pick it up and walk it up to the bin!



7.  Cookies on Your Face
Forgot about this one until I found the cookies back upstairs.  You have to lay down and move the cookie from your forehead to your mouth without touching it.

The girls loved this.....Hannah said, "This was a fun way to spend a rainy night!!!!"  I am sure we will be doing these again some other rainy night.  I think the Girl Scouts will enjoy this activity and it will be a lot of fun to watch.

Life is Good when you can win it in a minute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment