Monday, May 7, 2012

Canvas Picture Frames

A few months ago, my MOPS group did a craft using Mod Podge to adhere a picture to a canvas.

  For Mother's Day, I decided to do the same project. 
 I bought 8 by 10 canvases and blew up a few pictueres.
I had Mod Podge already, but needed to get black paint and black ribbon.


 First, I painted the edges of the canvas black.
 Then, I put a layer of MP on the canvas and stuck the pictures on.  
Next, you put a layer of MP over the picture.
It should look thick like this:
 A second coat needs to be applied once the first is somewhat dry.

Here is the one I did at MOPS:


 I also made some for our mantle in the sepia color from our family pictures this winter.
 I made the larger print sized picture on Shutterfly and it showed up in just a couple of days.


Today's Finished Project:

Each Gma will be getting a set of these on Sunday!!!
Better get to the post office tomorrow to send one off to Iowa---We will be with my parents this weekend to give my mom hers in person.

Life is Good when you don't have to always use the same type of picture frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment