Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Bag for Fall


Over the weekend, I made a little (actually not very little at all) something for myself.  I LOVE bags and the girls were using new backpacks, so I thought I needed a new one too!!!!

Awhile ago, I made the Amy Butler Cosmo bag for a beach vacation.  I decided to do it again because I liked all the pockets and the size.


The only thing I don't like about the bag is the amount of pieces ........with the interfacing and fabric pieces there are more than 50 parts to cut out and iron together.  I broke the project into 2 days---cutting and ironing for one and then assembly.  While the girls were watching We Bought a Zoo, I was pinning and sewing.  My sewing room is right off the TV area in the basement, so to pin the pieces together I would sit with them.  I think I got too wrapped up in the movie because I attached 2 of the straps on wrong and had to cut them off and try again!!!  Would highly recommend the movie-----but not while sewing!!!  Make sure you have kleenex close by.......it is a tear jerker, but very good.

Here is the finished product:

Outer pocket on each side fits a sippy cup.

Instead of making a fabric button loop for a closure, I used a magnetic snap and added the covered button for cuteness. 

It has 4 interior pockets and my little bags from my last bag coordinate with this one too!  
All of my things fit easily in and there is plenty of room for 4 little jackets we may need in the upcoming weeks.


With this bag complete as well as a custom dress, I have a little bit of this fabric left.  Watch for a Deal of the Day in the near future using this color scheme.

Life is Good with new, colorful bags to carry all your stuff---and I have a lot of it.  Now to find the pattern  and fabric I want to use for my Winter bag!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this bag! I love how big it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great size!!!! It depends on whether you would want it to snap shut or not on how much you can really pack in it.......For it to not be snapped but still be comfortable with not putting too much in, it is about 12 inches by 20 inches and 12 inches deep.

      Delete