Thursday, September 29, 2011

6 Weeks

Whitney is 6 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. It feels like she has always been part of our crew!!!!
She fits in so well with our family. The girls love her and love to help with her.
If you have spent anytime with our little nugget you know she is either sleeping, 100% happy or totally pissed. She has no mild setting for her mood and she can switch very quickly from happy to sad. I have learned how she likes to be held and bounced----a lot of bouncing needs to take place to settle her down.
PS.....so you don't think I am a terrible mother for taking her picture while she is crying............she went from happy to sad during our photo shoot for no apparent reason---I did not pinch her!!!!!
I call her "the One Ounce Wonder" because she only likes to eat about 1 to 2 ounces every 90 minutes to 2 hours. The bottle in the picture above started with 2 ounces .....she will probably want the rest in about a half hour. I feel like we always have a bottle sitting around!!! The other girls were all snackers too. I am so glad I decided to give her bottles from the start or I would be stuck in chair ALL day long!!!! Bottle feeding has been great........Justin and I take turns feeding at night. Her snacking is a 24 hour thing so she isn't sleeping too long of stretches at night. Our pediatricians office contacted us about being part of a formula study since she wasn't going to be nursed. It is through Abbott Nutrition and we get free formula for 4 months during the study and then some Similac Advance afterward.

My favorite time of day with Whitney is in the morning before the other girls get up. I have been getting up early and showering before Justin leaves for work---he is usually out the door by 7am. This gives me time to snuggle with Whitney, have my coffee and catch up on the previous nights TV. I am so happy the new fall shows are on and I can now watch them without someone demanding Disney channel.

Life is Good with a baby in the house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment