Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Found a few Treasures!


During my sorting frenzy of what to sell, keep and take to Malaysia or put in long-term storage, I found something I had forgotten about........

It was full of many wonderful things:

Little quote books, Grandma Brag Books and a collection of my Grandma's Christmas card letters she had sent out.


Pictures from our engagement while we were water skiing on July 4th, 2001
 
Pictures my grandma painted
The animals were in Hannah's nursery and the little frog one was to remember a time we watched a frog eat bugs in Northern MN when I was little.


Teacher portfolios, class pictures and even my lunch card


Poem books from my grandma--when she gives us books she always writes the occasion and date inside the cover.
Oh, the Places You'll Go was a graduation gift along with a nice letter from our neighbors, the Malones.

A sweatershirt of my grandpa's and one of his Iowa State hats. 
 On a family trip to Duluth, it was really cold and rainy and he let me borrow this to keep warm.
A box of his things.  
He didn't keep a journal or scrapbook, but he had kept a large stack of redeemed checks to remember different trips or occasions.
The picture is of his mother, Amy.

The program from my Grandpa Suggs' funeral and a shell casing from the 21 gun salute.

A book from the MOMS Club when we moved away from Indy the first time.

I loved reading all the entries, but the best one was from a dear friend who passed away from breast cancer.

Life is Good when you have a safe place for all your memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment