Monday, November 14, 2011

Chesnut Girls Museum

One thing I really can't handle is clutter!!!! Part of our routine once Hannah gets home from school is to look through all of her papers. Usually I throw 99.9% of it away-----I know..........not very nice! If I kept every workbook page or coloring sheet she came home with I would need to rent a storage unit. Each girl has a file box I keep things in.........I keep projects they spent a lot of time on or if it has their handprint or is really special to them. The girls also love to do art at home, so we always have pages sitting around. For awhile I would keep a stack next to the fridge because it seemed as soon as I threw something away that is when they wanted it!

Recently, our fridge looked like this and it drove me crazy, but the girls were so excited about these "projects." Hannah did a writing assignment in school and did really well on a math test. "The middles" did a Thanksgiving craft at a MOMS Club event. Macy keeps calling it her chicken---guess we need to talk about Thanksgiving a bit more!!!!
I decided to find a way we could display their work without filling the fridge. So I went to JoAnn's and bought some frames at 60% off. I took the glass and matting out and hot glued cork to the back.

Now we have our own little museum of their framed artwork.

I think we will have a limit of two pages up at a time for each girl and hopefully they will be happy with just one at a time!!!!!!
Life is Good without the clutter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment