Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Current Crafty Obsession

Last week I had a post about turning old T-shirts into dresses for the girls:




Well, you may say I am now obsessed with them!!!!!
The girls loved them, they cover their bottoms when wearing leggings and they are fun and easy to make.

After a successful trip to Goodwill and a closet raid of the girls, I was set to go. Felt a little bad about cutting up perfectly good size 3 and 5 shirts, but figured they weren't getting worn so at least now they would get some use.

The obsession really started when I had scraps sitting around.........I kept grouping them together thinking they would be fun together.

Then, I would need to find a top section. Once the neck and sleeves were cut off, it would leave a great piece for other strips..........It turned into a upcycling cycle I couldn't get myself out of!!!!


Macy was being silly and didn't want her picture taken......
This is her favorite Hello Kitty shirt,but it was too short with leggings and a bit too tight on the tummy. When she got home from school she wanted to change out of her pink shirt and put Hello Kitty on, but since her jeggings were dirty(or hiding) she decided to keep the wild pants on.

When I told her my friends would see her picture she decided to smile.
Oops.....same picture!!!

Decided to add a heart for some more color on Macy's from before and needed one for Whit. Took a few of her 3-6 month shirts I would have packed away next week and now extended her time wearing them.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Some of you may be thinking-------Why aren't their 4 in every picture?!?!?!?!
Since Hannah still wears everything currently in her closet,
I didn't want to cut too many shirts up.
These are some of my favorites because I love the striped shirt...........However, Macy doesn't like hers since it has green on top.
Showed her this one of Whitney's and asked her if she liked that one---she did since it had a bow.........guess I will be adding a little something to hers!!!!!
These 3 are off to Iowa

Can't wait for the package of shirts to arrive from Florida so I can make a few more for a pair of sisters.

Life is Good when "fabric" is free or close to it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment