Friday, March 16, 2012

Cold Lunch is Hot Lunch!!!

When you have 3 little friends that don't like peanut butter and jelly, packing school lunches is a little tough!!!!
Hannah is the easiest(she actually eats hot lunch most days): Juice box, apple sauce and her "Secret Recipe"(a tortilla and pepperonis)
Kaylee---not a sandwich fan most days and needs to take a lunch to school on T,Th and Friday: Juice Box, apple sauce and ????
Macy--needs lunch T and Th: Juice box, apple sauce and a ham sandwich

Extras:
Goldfish, graham crackers, grapes, strawberries, Wheat Thins or yogurt

They have never complained about the boring lunches, but I get bored packing them! Recently, I was given the idea of using a thermos and sending Mac n' Cheese or soup.
I think Hannah could eat a can of chicken noodle soup for every meal she loves it so much!
I wasn't sure if it would stay warm, but the girls gave me a thumbs up when I asked.

The label on Hannah's plastic container is from Mabel's Labels. I bought a pack of their labels before Kindergarten for her and will do the same for Kaylee this summer.

We also tried Mac n' Cheese and I only got 2 thumbs up----Kaylee said it wasn't cheesy enough.....not sure why because I cooked it the same way I always do.

Life is Good when you can change up the routine a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment