Wednesday, March 7, 2012

W-H-I-T-N-E-Y

Being the 4th girl, Whitney doesn't have many new for her things. Especially, when it comes to her bedroom. Both Kaylee and Macy used the crib bedding and most of the knick knacks are the same. Once Macy went to her room with Kaylee, we didn't touch her room just in case #4 was a girl! At first Whitney slept in our room and took naps wherever she fell asleep. Now that she sleeps in her own crib and takes most naps in her room, I figured it was time to personalize her room a bit!!!! I thought the best way to do that was to put her name on the wall!!!! I didn't want to just cover letters in scrapbook paper again, so I tweeked a Pinterest project.


With my 40% off coupons at JoAnn's I bought 7 wooden plaques(the coupon made each one about $3).
I also bought 7 different acrylic paints that average about $1 a bottle.
I used a sponge brush to apply the paint since there were so many groves I needed to get covered.
After 2 coats of paint this is what I ended up with:
This is where I decided to pass the project off to my very talented friend, Kathleen. The colors were a bit bold and I wanted the plaques distressed. I haven't done that before, but lucky for me this friend is very good with paint. I also haven't stenciled letters before, so she will do that too.

Stay tuned to see this finished project and a few others she has done around our house..........

Life is Good when you have friends who can do the details for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment