Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St.Patrick's Day

We have been able to find most products from the US here....it may take a few tries at different places, but you can probably find the same brand...or something similar.  We may also need to spend a bit more on a US brand here.
There are also a few US restaurants.  I think the girls have eaten at KFC more since we moved than they ever did in the US.  We have also hit the McDonald's a bit more than we did in Indy.

In early March, when we were going through the drive through I asked about a Shamrock Shake.........NOPE!!!!

Yesterday, when driving I told Justin after the week I had(him gone all week, the girls sick with a stomach bug and eye issue) I just wanted a Shamrock Shake.

Today, we got the ingredients to try and make one at home........
Three large scoops of vanilla ice cream
half a cup of milk(less or more depending on thickness)
1/4 teaspoon of peppermint
Green food coloring
BLEND

We took a break from swimming to try it out......
 Luckily, we had the pool towels near by because we had a blender blunder!!!!

 After a taste test, Kaylee gave it 2 thumbs up...I wanted mine with a little less milk.



 Everyone enjoyed Round 2

 Whitney didn't think sharing with me was a good idea...She wanted the WHOLE things to HERSELF!!!
 So Round 3 was all for me!!!!!!!
There is just something about driving through McD's and getting a Shamrock Shake, but having a homemade one by the pool is a very close 2nd!!!!

Life is Good with yummy St. Patrick's Day snacks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment