Monday, March 4, 2013

"Welcome to the 90s Mr. Banks"


One of my all time favorite movies is Father of the Bride.



Sometimes out of no where I will picture the scene when George and

Franck Eggelhoffer 

are discussing the $1200 cake.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N52M3TN9KDo&feature=player_detailpage

With technology I am usually a little behind..... Similar to George and wedding planning!

This week I just started using Justin's Kindle Fire to read books.  I wasn't sure how I would like it.

 For the most part, I do.  There is a bit of glare in the sun while outside.  However, I do like how you can prop it up and read "hands-free."

I also like that I can throw it in my purse and not worry about bent pages or loosing a bookmark.  I have had one issue with "someone"--give you 4 guesses who---"turning" a few pages and not being at the right spot.

 I wish I would have switched over awhile ago..
..I think Franck may say ,"Welcome to the 2000s Mrs. Chesnut."

Another great Franck/George scene:
Franck Eggelhoffer: Uh-oh, I bring the wrong color thread. I assumed you'd be wearing a black "tuxado."
George: It is a black "tuxado."
Franck Eggelhoffer: I don't think so, babe. This tux is "nuffy" blue. No doubt about it.
George: What're you talking about? Armani doesn't make a blue tuxedo.
Franck Eggelhoffer: Armani don't also make "polyaster." 



Life is Good with books and Father of the Bride.




No comments:

Post a Comment