Saturday, April 13, 2013

New Fabric.....New Projects



Back in January, I ordered a ton of chevron and dot fabric online.  I had it shipped to my parents in Minnesota.  They brought it to me a few weeks ago when they came to visit.  
Now it is washed and ironed and ready for me to start having some fun!!!!


My first project was a baby blanket that is heading back to Iowa with my brother in law tomorrow.


 

 Once I had all the squares pieced together, I loved the colors and patterns even more.

I started thinking that one of the girls should have a quilt with these fabrics on their bed.....Especially since it would coordinate so nicely with some painted furniture I bought years ago from a very talented friend...Thanks Molly Riggs!





Two big questions for this room make over.....

1.  Whose room?
2.  How do you make a quilt?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

The desk and book shelf are currently in Hannah's room because they go great with her Garden Daisy bedding, but she may soon outgrow it.  Whitney is thankfully still in her crib(none of her sisters were at 20 months), but not sure how long that will last.
If I do it for Whit's room then when it comes time to give Hannah a big, BIG girl room I get to redo another room.
Plus, making my first quilt for a toddler bed would be easier than for a twin....And a 1 year old may be a little less critical than an almost 8 year old!

Now to Google...How to make a quilt?

Life is Good with a project to work on.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! I was wondering why you hadn't posted in almost a week and now I know; you've been awfully busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH!!!! I'm so happy that it's held up!!!!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete