Friday, January 20, 2012

What's for Dinner?!?!

I have been cooking and I actually have been enjoying it!!!!!!!

No, it isn't a New Year's Resolution.....just a coincidence that I found this idea on Pinterest:
This weekly menu( an 8 x 10 frame with scrapbook paper----printed the days of the weeks on the paper) has helped me plan, so I haven't had to call Justin and see what we should do for dinner.
Finding easy recipes on Pinterest has helped ----especially all the crock pot ones!!!! It has made grocery shopping easier too----I did a whole week at a time........we have had to make a few changes to the days to accommodate life. In the 3 weeks we have been planning meals, I think only a container of mushrooms has gone bad.

Here are a few we have done:
P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps----so yummy....next time we would cut everything up the night before
Beef Stroganoff---Probably won't do again---the girls weren't huge fans, but I liked it
Crock Pot Chicken and Rice---So easy and everyone liked it!!!!
Chicken Tortilla Soup--Even better for lunch the next day!!!
Cilantro Lime Chicken--YUMMY--we ate it with tortillas and had a lot of leftovers
Chicken Noodle Soup--Girls loved it---I added a few more noodles since that is the part they like best
Cinnamon Rolls--not a huge fan--it was super easy, but the topping got really hard

Going to plan next week's menu this afternoon.....
.May send Justin and Whit to the grocery store on Saturday while I take the Bigs to Disney on Ice!!!!!

Life is Good when you plan ahead!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment