Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Leggings Love

I know 2 little girls that love/have an obsession with leggings/jeggings. M and K have decided that it is the only thing they will wear........Which is a bummer since they both have a closet full of clothes that are NOT leggings. Hannah doesn't care what she wears at 6 and didn't care what she wore at 5. When she went to Kindergarten I am pretty sure I thought she couldn't wear the same outfit twice because she has a lot of clothes and all different kinds---jeans, dresses, sweaters, T-shirts, turtlenecks and a few leggings. Now, they just hang in Kaylee's closet---maybe she will want to wear them when she goes to Kindergarten next year!!!!! Right now, she is good with wearing the same few outfits over and over and over............Macy is the same way.....For her I have to hide outfits because she will even search the dirty clothes basket!!!!! I recently got my first pair of leggings so I understand the comfort, but I haven't ignored the rest of my closet!!!!!!

So when I saw a tutorial for using old T-shirts and making dresses out of them I decided to try it. I didn't have my stitches on the outside and didn't use paint on the dresses--may add that at some point.

So glad I did because:
1. The girls love them
2. It was FREE----
I used 3 old/loved T-shirts from my closet, but I hit the jackpot when I went through my maternity bin!!!!!!!
The girls were so excited to hear the story about each T-shirt.

They were so easy, so I made some for the Spring. Plus didn't want to leave Whit out!!!!!!!!!!!

Up next...........cleaning out the girls' closets and using tanktops for the summer.

Life is Good when you can turn old into new!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment