Thursday, January 24, 2013

12 Drums

This morning, I woke up not feeling too great--headache, sore throat and a stuffy nose.  I thought it would be fun for the Littles and I to have a jammie day and watch movies.  By 12:30, I realized that wasn't going to happen.  We got dressed and headed out to the mall.  Half way there, I remembered they were having a Chinese 12-Drum performance to help celebrate the New Year.....A post coming on the Chinese New Year soon!

It was really a sight to see and hear....."The drum players are REALLY loud"....Macy


There was a lot of movement and they would hit the middle of the drum, the outside and their sticks together for 3 different sounds.
 The girls were very entertained!!!


Macy liked when this guy came out at the end...she did tell me he was just in a costume!

It looked like rain on our way home........with about 10 minutes left in our walk it was RAIN!!!!!  We got caught in some rain the other night coming back from the store, but this was A LOT of rain.  Macy held the umbrella for the herself and Whit.  They stayed pretty dry.  I tried to do some running and only lost my flip flop one time in an intersection.  Luckily, I had enough time to take the girls to the end and come back for it before it got run over!!!
We haven't seen a lot of lightening with storms, but today I heard some of the loudest thunder I have ever heard.  Macy was worried that it would be too loud for our dog Maddie in heaven.


Life is Good when a hot bath can come right after getting stuck in the rain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment