Wednesday, January 30, 2013

MOVING DAY!!!!!

IT' S THURSDAY....MOVING DAY!!!!!

When we went to the house last night at 6:15pm this is what we found.......






So you ask, "Aren't those the same pictures from Saturday?!?!!?!?!"  Why yes they are!!!!!  To give them A LITTLE credit, I didn't have my camera last night, so a TINY BIT more work had been done.

Needless to say....Today is JUST THURSDAY and NO moving will be taking place.  In fact, no moving into this house will be taking place at all!!!!!!

For those of you that haven't read everything about the house I will make a long story short.
End of October:  Found this house ALMOST done and was told we could move in January 15th
November and December--Not much done
December 24th--E-mail from house owner to see if we can delay closing until January 31st
January--Still not a lot of work done!!!!!
Saturday, January 26th--We visit the house and think there is no way they will get everything done by Thursday.
Wednesday, January 30th--E-mails back and forth with our realtor during the day and visit the house at 6:15 pm
Here is an e-mail from our realtor we got .......

A quick update following up the inspection today:

Below are the items still pending as of 12noon:
1.       Bathroom accessories (owner said will try to get this done by looking at the situation, I suspected it need at least another day)
2.       Jacuzzi bath in master bathroom. (expected beginning next week)
3.       Electrical appliances (Delivery was to be this morning, but no sign as of yet)
4.       Tiling works inside/outside (in progress)
5.       Wall touch up (in progress)
6.       Ceiling touch up (in progress)
7.       Lightings/fans (pending for 1-2 rooms)
8.       Cleaning (curtains is also pending because the house is not thoroughly cleaned).

..............
The list doesn't look to bad, but in person there was a lot to do and it was filthy with dust and construction mess.
...................
My e-mail to Justin----------"This is BULL#@$!"
Not much else needs to be said about how I was feeling!!!!
............
Except maybe this.....I sent this to Justin and our realtor(she has been great and this is no fault of hers)
"I am so mad right now!  If I was around this guy I would scream in his face!!!!!!!!"
..........................
Justin suggested maybe we could still close and then they could keep working.....This is my e-mail to him:

"I am not closing because this jerk won't finish anything.  He is not giving us a incomplete house or getting any money"

........................
Looking back on it, I am glad we had to do all these discussions through e-mail because had I been in person with everyone I would have been a screaming, hot mess!.....Typing in a living room with 4 girls watching me was probably much better for everyone!!!

So after discussion at 6:15, we decided to look at the house across the street.  The layout is identical.  The only real difference is the stairs are a lighter wood color and the outside is a bit different.  The yard isn't as big, but the pool is much bigger.............The girls loved it!!!!  Hannah asked, "When can you seal the deal on this house?!?!?!"

Hopefully, the deal will be sealed later on today and we can move in this weekend, or at the lastest early next week.

Life is Good, but a little frustrating right now!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy...I am so sorry to hear this news. How frustrating. A dose of normalcy is probably what your family needs right now. And living in a hotel sure isn't normal. I hope deal #2 goes through. And quickly!
    I shared your saga with Brett and we both had a little chuckle. Welcome to life in Asia. Sending good house wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should call Scott, he can finish that up for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, welcome to what I have heard it referred to as "rubber time". It is sort of like when you stop and ask for directions to some place, and you ask the obvious question of "how far is it" and you get the answer "it is normal far". I pray for you and your family as you adjust to this new culture!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete