Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Day at the Zoo with All 4!!!


Vacation mode for us is over..........Justin has been going into the office each day and the Bigs are into a school routine.  However, today was the first day daddy was going to be "out of town."  I put it in quotes because he is just downtown at another hotel for meetings, but he won't be coming back to the apartment each night.  Since he left this morning before breakfast, I figured we better have a busy Sunday ahead.

The girls and I grabbed a taxi to the zoo!  Before going, I checked that they were open on Sundays.  While looking online, I saw something called the Loyalty Program.  For 20 ringgit...the regular child admission price for one time and only about $7....each girls now has a year long membership to come in for free.  I couldn't believe what a deal it was.  Plus, they were each given a little drawstring backpack, a coloring book and animal classification book about the 5 animal kingdoms and vertebrates and invertebrates....wish I had the booklet when I taught my animal unit to 4th graders!!!

We started at the animal show and that is where the pictures started......and didn't stop the whole day for Hannah!!!
 Apparently, Whitney was bored with it since she had seen it before!
 For an extra dollar each girl got to feed the giraffes.


 Kaylee fed them hers and Macy's!!


 Macy and I have been talking about the cool lion and tigers since we first visited.  They were a bit of a let down today for the Bigs........the lion wasn't nearly as impressive laying on the ground as he was when we saw him before.  We couldn't even see the tigers because they were laying down behind the brush.
After grabbing some ice cream, we walked along the Savannah trail.

We still have a few areas to visit, so I am sure we will be back again soon--especially since it will be FREE for the girls.
It was a hot day and everyone was getting cranky and tired after being there for almost 4 hours.  We had to walk a bit to get a taxi on the main road because there weren't any waiting at the zoo exit.  On the ride back, we realized that Whitney had a very messy diaper.....Sitting in the back with all 4 hot, tired, crabby girls and a dirty diaper was low point of the day..maybe the week.  After a little meltdown....no tears....... I put Whit down for a nap and sat in another room by myself for 5 minutes, I was feeling better. Now I think I can make it through tonight and probably until Thursday too!!!!.....Might go through a lot of Coca-Light and Nutella though!!!!

Life is Good when you can survive the zoo with 4 kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment