Wednesday, January 23, 2013

KL Bird Park

The girls did not have school today(January 24th) because it is a public holiday to observe the Prophet Muhammad's birthday.  We decided to check out the KL Lake Gardens area.  It is over 200 acres with 2 lakes and many different parks and gardens to visit.  There are separate areas for butterflies, deer, orchids and hibiscus and sculptures. 
 We started with the bird park.  
Cats are #1 on my least favorite animal list and birds are a very close #2.
I had a very bad experience with birds taking over my tray of food at Disney World, and now they freak me out.  The girls were really excited about it, so I figured I could do it.

 From the moment we walked through the first door we had birds flying right by us.
Hannah is our animal lover, but Kaylee wanted to get right by them too!


 This guy was trying to show off for his lady friend.

 Inside I am dying in this picture because not only am I holding a bird, it is pecking at my palm.
 For 2 extra RM(ringgit), so less than a dollar, you could feed these birds.
Hannah LOVED it.....
 Kaylee not so much....."Get it off, Get it off"........

Justin decided to try it too, and one left a little surprise behind!!!
At this point, we quickly put the cups down and moved on.  I could feel the birds on/near me also and EVERYONE was feeling a bit uncomfortable!!!!

 There was an awesome playground we stopped at for a bit.

 The playground was in an open air area, and when we turned the corner we found this guy and a little group of his friends:

 Our first wild monkey sighting!!!!!
 We ate lunch at the Hornbill Restaurant connected to the park.
I loved my meal.  I tried the chicken satay(popular Malaysian dish of skewered meat) served with peanut sauce and cucumber and onion.  Bonus: I got a cold Coca-Cola Light in a can!!!!
 One thing we have had to check is that the girls are using Sos Tomato(ketchup) and not Sos Chili.  They do have Heinz some places, but not very often.
Our plan was to see more of the area, but after lunch we were exhausted.  The girls can't wait to bring Papa Dave here in March......he loves to take pictures and I told them he would get better ones of the birds than I did.  Hopefully, while my parents are here we can see a few more areas.

Life is Good when you don't totally freak out over birds in front of your kids!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment